Friday, July 29, 2011

Fran got scammed and while Jerad sits in a Canadian jail


I get a call yesterday "Molly this is Chuck, where's Jerad?"
 "He's at work, why?"
 "Well this morning...Fran.." his voice cut out and I was thinking, oh no, Fran died and he continues "Fran got a phone call and Jerad is in jail. We think he got in trouble with those fountain pens" 
"What? No, he's at work"
"We got a call and they said Jerad was in jail and we have to post 2900$ in bail and a 150$ processing fee"
"Oh, no you guys! That's a scam! Don't pay any money to anyone!" 
"Well Fran thinks its real and says we're going to the police right now. OK bye"

Chuck called back about an hour and a half later, laughing. The number that "Jerad" had called from Canadian and the account they were supposed to send the "bail money" to was in Lima Peru. Whoever called claimed to be Jerad and gave Fran directions to send a money gram from Fred Meyer. Fran wrote down the info (officer badge number W420, as of they could not be more obvious) and then ran out to tell Chuck, who was working outside
 
. She ran outside and yells "I need 2900$ and I can't tell anyone why!" And Chuck says "And I told her I'm not giving you 2900$ and you are going to tell me why". I guess the police said there was nothing they could do and Fran was completely terrified that Jerad was in jail in Canada. As Chuck was telling me this he suddenly says "well Fran says to get off the phone. Bye" (click)

As I relayed this all to Jerad after work he says "well at least I know who to call if I ever actually do need to be bailed out"
 
Fran pre-jail scandal
 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome :-) I'm glad he's not in jail, those darn fountain pens!

    ReplyDelete