Thursday, January 13, 2011

a night at Target ends with an axe in the bed. and monsters

We had some baby coupons for Target that expired last night, so we went on a random night shopping trip. Liam, who the day before crashed at 5:30pm and woke up at 10am  had plenty of rest and was wide awake at 9pm...so we figured why not. 

We were looking mainly for the baby's car seat, but I also wanted to grab her some Desitin and clothes. We separated (I was in the baby section, the boys looked at Legos). We decided to meet by the front of the store so I could print our registry. I was printing when Jerad called me.

Jerad: We're by the bathroom. Liam had an accident.
Molly: I'm on my way over.

I find them standing by the bathroom. 

Molly: What happened?
Jerad: He didn't quite make it to the potty in time.
Liam: I peed.
Molly: I guess I can run and grab him a pair of pants off clearance and get him cleaned up...?
Jerad: Yeah I think we're gonna have to.
Liam: (rocking back and forth) My boots make noises! 
Jerad: By the way, he peed in his rain boots.
(this explained why there was no puddle)

I managed to grab him a pair of sassy blue sweat pants off clearance and then take my son (splashing the entire way) into the bathroom. I had in the sink half naked, wearing just his coat and his Boise State hat when a Target employee came in. Liam waves. "Hi!" he yells.

I had to explain that the reason my child was partially naked in a sink in a public restroom getting a bath was that he had peed all over. "No problem" she said. 

We got Liam changed and paid for the baby stuff (and one monster shirt for Liam). Though Liam was somewhat unsatisfied. "

"I wanted blue pants with yellow hearts on them"
Well, at least he was dry for the drive home. 

We got home and he went to bed. In his bed he wanted 3 monsters and an axe. And he wore his new blue pants.



No comments:

Post a Comment