Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day before the day: Thanksgiving prep + baking with Liam

The prep list (basically what I'm making, Jerad starts tomorrow):

  • Rub the turkey with lemon zest, kosher salt, and oregano (Jerad is baking it tomorrow)
  • Make 2 pie crusts
  • Make pumpkin pie + pumpkin cheesecake. Save back some pumpkin puree for pumpkin eggnog shakes tomorrow.
  • Bake cornbread and let it dry for stuffing tomorrow
  • Make Jell-o for Jerad friendly dessert (he doesn't like pumpkin)
  • Successfully make homemade whipped cream
As of 3:34pm, everything is done. It was not without a few disasters though:
  • Liam helped with the pie crust when my back was turned (pictured below)
  • Dropped and broke a pickle jar on the floor (no worries Jerad, it wasn't the expensive ones you and Liam like)
  • I cracked an egg and instead of going in the bowl,. it landed on my son. 
  • Poured 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract into the cream then spilled the rest on the counter
  • Liam poked the pumpkin pie. I told him to leave the pies alone, they were cooling. He poked the cheesecake and says "it's cool! I eat it". They finished cooling in the fridge. 
  •  
We had a great morning though. I came in the kitchen and Liam had the table set, two plates with one banana on each one. "come eat your banana mama!". Only 4 and already making breakfast. 


And then later I cracked on egg on him.
Liam "Mama, why you do that?"
Molly "I'm not sure."
Liam "You need to say sorry"
Molly "I am very sorry"
Liam "It's OK"
Molly "should we go change your clothes?"
Liam "Yes. You did it"

whipped cream

Liam made the decor

salt rub

salt rub... hope I did it right.

Gluten free pie crust

Liam mixing up the pumpkin pie (pre-egg)

finishing the pie. after change of clothes.


he also made the cheesecake filling

and helped withe the pie. he told me. "i helped you with the pie" yes, you certainly did.

whipped cream success! thanks to Thanksgiving 101!

No comments:

Post a Comment