Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween cookies

This is why I never prepare or plan for anything: Case: I buy Halloween sprinkles in September specifically for making sugar cookies the week of Halloween. I buy a GF sugar cookie mix days after. I make sure this week I have butter, eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla on hand. I bake the cookies, get everything ready, only to discover Liam took off with the sprinkles and they are nowhere to be found. We look for 30 minutes. Gone. He remembers eating them (he snuck them out of my baking drawer) and can't remember where they are. So we decorate with dried blueberries, cranberries, Reece's Pieces, Smarties, and birthday sprinkles. Turned out OK, Liam insisted that every smile face have sprinkle eyebrows. Hopefully Halloween sprinkles are found before cupcake day (Saturday)






No comments:

Post a Comment